Saturday, June 19, 2010

Parks, Birthday and Let summer begin !!!

For some reason, mother nature hasn't been very kind to us this spring and we have seen alot of rain. Finally having a day of sunshine is so uplifting to your spirits and you make sure you take full advantage of it. Friday Britlee, Conrad and I met my sisters at the park. About midway from our houses sits a wonderful newish park with a big water fountain for the kids to play in and some nice shade for the mommy's to sit in. Conrad's little cousins were so cute all playing and soaking themselves, I was a little worried that my little champ was going to want to join in the water play, and I had not prepared for that clothing wise, but he was content to jump up and down the steps near the fountain. It is so much fun to spend time with my sisters. I live so close but don't feel like I take advantage of this enough. Thank you Amy and Megan for inviting me to tag along. It was a beautiful day with wonderful company, who could ask for anything more?

This week was my Birthday as well. I turned a HUGE number, and although I was feeling a little blue prior to the 15th, when my day came around I couldn't have asked for a better day. It started out with a post it note on my computer keyboard saying I was beautiful, followed by a trail of sweet things like I give the best hugs, I am the best mom ever, I inspire her, all leading to the kitchen when it was spelled out in post it notes, Happy Birthday ! even though she was at school Britlee started my day out with a huge smile.Then after getting to sleep in a bit some beautiful flowers from my husband, which I was able to plant in my garden, he explained to Conrad that it was my Birthday and Conrad held up his car in the air as a present and said "Happy Birthday Mommy!" I was able to sneak away and do some shopping and go to lunch, I was cooked my favorite meal from Dan and later in the evening, I was kidnapped by Beth to meet up with all my sisters, mom and Brit at the cheese cake factory. Although it was supposed to be a surprise I knew what was going on thanks to the conversation in the car. Brit -"Grandma said I could come" Me -"oh so mom is going to be there?" Me- "so this is a fun idea, was it yours Beth?" Beth- "No it was Megan's" Me- "Oh so Megan and Amy are coming too?" Are we going to Mexically?" No? "Well it must be the cheesecake factory then !" Beth- "Well you have to at least act like your surprised !" It was a wonderful end to a wonderful day. Thank you family !!!!
Britlee finished up her Jr Year this week. Its hard to believe I have a senior as a daughter now. Does that make me old? Well if my birthday this week didn't make me feel this way, then I suppose I wont let this get the best of me either. I am so excited to have Britlee for half of the summer this year! Usually I am blogging about how much I will miss because she spends most of the sunny days at her Dad's in Eugene, but this year it worked out that I get to see her for at least half of it !

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for the new post! It's nice to follow your cute family since we live so far away! Britlee is such a beautiful girl! I didn't realize she's the same age as my Jeremy. We are coming to visit my Dad for Christmas so we should all get together for the cousins to meet each other!