Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sew what?

I actually skipped a week from posting, as I was a very busy mommy taxi. I also discovered a new passion with the help of my mother. I have had a sewing machine for years, and this week decided to dust it off and put it to use. My mom helped me pick out an easy pattern, donated some material and elastic and I have been (as Dan calls me) a sewing machine. I have sewed both Conrad and his cousin a bunch of new shorts. I make two of everything, so they can both benefit from my new found passion. Its been a lot of fun and I can't wait to develop this talent more and hopefully be able to sew all sorts of things.
Miss Britlee had a very busy week last week, she was off to girls camp where she was a camp leader this year. Its her last year of girls camp and I know she is going to miss it. She had to leave a day early this year to head on home for dance camp. The poor thing got home Friday night at midnight only to have to get up at 7:30 to head on over to her next camp. The Dance camp was pretty intense and I know she felt it in her muscles the next day. They worked so hard. On Monday night she did a character dance where she played a boy in a dance ( and says she got checked out by a girl!!) and on Tuesday they had another performance which I was able to attend. It was a lot of fun seeing her on the dance floor. My daughter has rhythm, that I know she did not inherit from me :).
This summer I have also been watching Gabe for my sister. He is a 10 year old who is sometimes helpful with the boys. Its definitely nice to have him around when I take them out shopping someplace. I can use two carts.
Conrad and Zach have a real love hate relationship. Here is a photo of the two of them at each other.
I am not really sure who would win in a fight, so far it hasn't come to that. Sometimes they can be best friends, but a lot of the time they will be fighting over who is a superstar hero.

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I want to see you and britlee in matching skirts. :o>